Rehearsals will be Sunday afternoons from 4– 6 p.m. at Christ the King Lutheran Church in New Brighton, MN. Our first rehearsal is Sunday, September 9 at 4 p.m.
Christ the King Lutheran Church
1900 7th St. NW, New Brighton, MN 55112
• Harmonious Youth is a program for children of our communities to learn the joy of singing as well as the importance of sharing and giving.
• Through Harmonious Youth, students will study and perform a wide variety of music, develop proper vocal production, be taught how to read music, learn rehearsal and performance etiquette, and discover how movement is used to help understand and enhance the entire musical experience.
• The unique aspect of a choir is that the ensemble is really a community of people working together towards a common goal.
• Our goal is to take that concept and show our children how together we can make a difference within the community through our singing and through community service projects as we strive to give back and reach out to those in need.
• “Beautiful singing is nice to listen to, but beautiful singing given from the heart can transform the world.”
Margaret Sabin began her love of the arts on stage at her father’s community theater. She has a BA in Music Education from Western Michigan University and a Masters in Choral Conducting from the University of Iowa. She was a public school choir, dance, and drama teacher in Michigan and a choir director in the Hopkins Public Schools here in Minnesota. She currently is a professional singer with Vocalessence and the adult choir conductor at White Bear Lake UMC. Margaret has a son in second grade and identical twin girls who will start school in the fall.
Tuition is $80 per semester or $150 for the year. Tuition includes is a t-shirt, music bag, 3 ring binder with music, pencils, instruction and performance opportunities. Scholarships and service opportunities are available for those who cannot pay the tuition.
For more information or to have any questions answered, contact Bruce Phelps at (651) 633-4674 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org